Thursday, November 21, 2019

Giving a hand in life...well, a pair of hands.

Well, here we are, over a year later, and looking down the barrel of so many changes.

First, this blog hasn't updated in over a year because, as most of you know, I broke my arm mere days after my last post. I'll talk about my recovery in future posts.

One thing I didn't, surprisingly discuss in this space was becoming a Reiki practitioner in April of 2018. Guess that's part of not validating myself enough...another topic for later. Anyway, I have started a Reiki page for my practice, Sunlight Reiki, on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AlansReiki is the place.

To learn more about where I started my Reiki journey, go to http://www.sfreikicenter.com/

I have a complete setup in my office with massage table and stoll for giving Reiki to people. I can't wait!

By the way, life isn't as green as it once was...I left the green party. I started realizing that Democrats are focused where I want them to be, and no, I don't mean just President Trumps impending impeachment. The green party was just too out there for me. Not as much as Libertarians, but enough.

So, I am still playing bass guitar, and loving life. Part of it is a renewed focus on meditation. I've been reading "Passage Meditation" by Eknath Easwaran, who translated the Bhagavad Gita so wonderfully.

Later posts will include pictures of my Reiki space, and I will talk more about Reiki and what it means to me.

No comments: