Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Moving to two greener pastures in life.

I know, I know! It's been *AGES* since I posted here. But, it's overdue. More changes in my life to report. First, and I know this will unsettle my Christian, conservative friends, but please, no sermons, lectures or other warnings. I ask that, calmly and politely in advance. I have taken up using marijuana...again. It is, honestly, far better for me (and in me) than alcohol ever was. It helps with pain, which I'ee had my relative share of lately). Plus, unlike alcohol, I'm not a total ass under the influence. I still have my Irish Aries temper from time to time, but overall, I am happier, less anxious (more about that in a sec.) and able to think clearer than without it. I discovered that, without anything in my system, I am a more anxious person than I realized. It took a calming, mind-clearing high to make me realize this benefit of cannabis. I already have a "go-to" dispensary, the green cross: http://www.thegreencross.org/ So, what is, you ask, the other green? While it is not, specifically, about recycling, etc, it is environmentally friendly. I recently switched from being a Libertarian to the more reasonable (and sane) green party: http://www.gp.org/ and find it suits me well. The two-party system, obviously, is broken, run, as it is by corporate interests. It's not "we the people" any more, but more like "we the corporation" as far as the voice that speaks loudest in our country. Well, I don't want McGovernment any more. I want candidates that aren't bought and paid for by profiteering special interest groups. I looked at other parties (peace and freedom for example) and found they either leaned too far right or too far left. As for the Libertarians? Crazy as loons!! Don't believe me, go to their site, http://www.lp.org/ Among the crazy things is wanting to abolish taxes and the IRS. As much as I dislike the IRS, who thinks our money is theirs, abolishing them is as good an idea as taking booze, pot, qualudes, cocain and heroin all at once...not terribly wise. Do they need reforming, if not all out gutting and starting over? Yes, this is hella true! That said, they have, more or less, worked well for us so why fix what's working? Anyway, there will be more posts as I share with you what I learn as part of this process and where I stand on candidates in future posts. So, if you're seeking an alternative to corporate-owned government, check out the Green Party. They seem level-headed, reasonable and possess a great deal of common sense. Thanks for reading. Hope I didn't disappoint or disillusion anyone. I know cannabis use can be a hot button topic for some people. There is still a huge stigma. All I know is I've tried it, it works for me and keps me as sane as it is possible for this 21st century hippie cowboy to be. My next post will get into, among other things, my current bass playing and my plans for my musical future. See you next time, and remember that love, alone, is worth the fight! d

No comments: