Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thoughts on the president of the US.

I first want to say that I respectfully disagree with President Bush. This cease fire/UN resolution is not a victory against Hezbollah. How? It seems to me that now they can re-group, re-arm, and make it even harder for Israel to combat them next time around, and trust me, there will be a next time.

Now, that said, I don't envy Mr. Bush because his job is one that no one human being should have to face. He sounded so tired yesterday. I really did (and still do) feel bad for him. The world is, almost literally, on his shoulders, and not because I think he's trying to control the world, either.

I say that because right now, in the world, things are a foreign policy nightmare. By that I mean I wouldn't want to be the one trying to decide how to handle the war on terror, the situation in Iraq, Iran, Israel, and how to handle the "president" of North Korea, among other things. That, and having domestic issues to deal with to boot? No offense to him, but better him than me. I would crack under the pressure, I'm sure.

No comments: