Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm scared, and I'm willing to admit it!

First we get this interview with the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and now come to find out that he recently stated that he would answer the world about the whole nuclear disarmorment issue on August 22nd, some Muslim holy day, and a day on which the radical muslim world would be primed for a catastrophic action against Israel.

Hmmm, and we're supposed to believe what Ahmadinejad tells Mike Wallace about the time for weapons being passed, etc? Why am I not buying it? Why do I fear what could happen to America, Israel or both on the 22nd? My gut feeling is that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not to be trusted...at all.

Actually, to put a lighthearted spin on it, it's kind of like the joking impression of Hitler my mom's father used to do. He had a moustache similar to Hitler's and would brush his hair to the side, and in a mock German accent say, "I want peace...piece of Italy, piece of spain..." You get the idea.

Anyway, I think that all of Ahmadinejad's talk is just that...talk. If he lives up to his word, good...but I'm skeptical for the moment. Until then, on the 22nd, watch the skies...or at least the news.

No comments: